Friday, June 4, 2010

So... We've got married!

Hi there :-)

For all of you who don't know me yet: I'm Shiran Ron, ahh... well... Rosenhaft. Just got married, I need to get use to my new last name... :-)
I'm 27 years old, live in Tel Aviv and trying to get the best of my life.

My dear wonderful mother passed away 3 months ago. She had cancer. We Found out about her illness less than a year before she died. It was a bad year for all of us, but, I must say- a very significant as well. I guess I will write a special post one day, about her, about us, about being me without her (which is so hard... Believe me...) and... about how great she is. 
Was. 
Is.

I'm also playing a Piano, Harmonica, Melodica and today was my very first lesson of accordion (which my mother bought for me few months before the bad day in my life...)

I LOVE cooking. I love baking. I love my kitchen and in love with my K-mix... I guess I will write on it also one day. Probably tomorrow `-)

And... I'm a glass artist. I melt glass for almost 6 years now. I LOVE it.

Back to the wedding. So my husband and I are spouses for almost 7 years now. On May 2009 I've got an amazing ring (no diamond. I hate diamonds. Prefer glass, thanks) and a very special question, you probably guess what it was... :-) I said yes and the rest is history.

As a film student (did I mentioned it? I study film for the past 5 years in Bezalel the academy of arts and design in Israel) we got into the Canopy (a Jewish wedding) with a special movie. It all started when I stood up, by myself and asked the 400 friends and family members if they saw my fiancee. No one answered. There was silence. So I did what every other girl would done in such a moment.
I ran away.
And than the movie started. I ran to him, asked why he is not there.. It's really hard to explain a movie in text but trust me- EVERYone Believed us! 
The movie ended and we broke out of the screen.

2 weeks before the wedding we upload a short movie with all the member of the family (Including my mother).

I added some pictures of us from the wedding. What do you think? :-)

So- this is my new blog. It would really love to hear from you guys. Any comment.

Keep in touch! :-)
Shiran Rosenhaft 
GlasSmile :-)

This is how tall he is...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shiran!
    I'm glad you sent out the email letting your customers know about your new blog! I think you will like very much having a blog. It is a lot of fun to write about your art and life.
    I watched every single one of your videos. All very nice - your new husband is very handsome!
    My favorite video was the one of you dancing at the bus stop. That was wonderful! I just wonder, however, if all of the people could hear the music that you were hearing or were you dancing to silence as far as they could tell?! I LOVED the music. And, you are darling! So young, so cute and so energetic w/ great rythm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear Jan! :-)

    Thanks for all your nice words!
    Regarding the dance in the street- it is a very Religioun Area in Jerusalem where NO-ONE can dress the way I dressed... I'm the only one who heared the music. In the un-edited video you can hear the ppl say that I'm wanton, rude, stupid etc... As a matter of fact the reason the movie stop suddenly is b/c someone called the police... :-)

    ReplyDelete